Campus Health is committed to providing caring, quality, confidential services to our campus community, inclusive of all sexual orientations and gender identities. We work to provide affirming health and wellness services, so you can be treated well and stay well.
To meet the health and wellness needs of all campus community members, the various Campus Health offices provide a variety of programs and services specifically for the LGBTQ+ community. Whether you are interested in primary care or triage, preventive health services, or are looking for general health and wellness information, our staff of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Therapists, Health Educators and other health professionals are ready to help.
Our electronic medical record system has a place in your file to note your “sex”, “gender identity” (includes: male, female,……?). If you think it would be helpful to have these categories appropriately noted in your file, please ask the scheduler that makes your appointment or your provider during your session.
Our goal is not to re-invent the wheel but, rather, to invite you to explore the many wonderful resources already in existence, nationwide. Please peruse this section for more information on LGBTQ+ sexual health, in addition to information on LGBTQ+ general health and wellness.
Lesbian & Bisexual Women’s Health & Wellness
- Lesbian & Bisexual Health: Frequently Asked Questions
- Center for Disease Control: Lesbian and Bisexual Health
- Ten things Lesbians should talk about with their health care provider
- Health issues for Lesbians: tips to stay healthy
Gay & Bisexual Men's Health & Wellness
- Center for Disease Control: Gay & Bisexual Health
- Ten things Gay men should talk about with their health care provider
- Health issues for Gay men: tips to stay healthy
Transgender Health & Wellness
- Ten things Transgender persons should discuss with their health care provider
- HIV/AIDS and Transgender persons
- Boston's Fenway Transgender Health Program has a comprehensive website with several links available for general Transgender health and wellness, information on transitioning, links for support groups, glossaries of terms, and more.
- Answers to common questions about Transgender individuals and gender identity
- I'm Trans. Do I need birth control?