Tulane Home Tulane Home

If you have already received both doses of your COVID-19 vaccine from an entity outside of Tulane, please submit documentation through the Campus Health patient portal to update your vaccination recordsIf you received your vaccine through Tulane we will upload those records automatically; you do not need to take action.

Safer Party Planning

Planning an event where alcohol will be served takes a great deal of preparation. Use these resources to plan a safe and worry-free party. (Get even more party-smart tips.)

Please read the following sections carefully, submit the necessary forms three weeks in advance of your event, and have Sober Event Monitors in place during your event.

Event Registration ▾

All events with alcohol, sponsored by a student organization, must be registered on WaveSync three weeks before the event and agree to the following: 

"I/we have read and understand the Louisiana laws, Tulane University policies and fraternity/sorority regulations pertaining to the possession and use of alcoholic beverages, and pertaining to student-initiated events. I/we agree to abide by all policies and regulations mentioned above. I/we understand that I/we may be held responsible for violations of University policy occurring during this event. As the host(s) of this event, I/we will be present for the duration of the event and will be available to assist University officials in resolving any issues or problems associated with the event. I/we agree that upon direction of Student Affairs Staff or other University personnel, I/we will immediately close the event and begin the clean-up process. Finally, I/we understand that failure to abide by all stipulations of this agreement will be grounds for the closing of the event, possible confiscation and disposal of alcoholic beverages, and potential disciplinary action. I/we understand that I/we cannot host this event without having this form signed by the Vice President for Student Affairs or his/her designees."

To Register Your Event:

  • Go to your organization's page on WaveSync
  • Click "Manage Organization"
  • Click the "Hamburger Icon" (3 bard) on the top left of the page
  • Click "Events"
  • Click the blue"Create Event" button

More Information

Required Sober Event Monitors ▾

The Alcohol Policy requires student organizations that wish to host events with alcohol to have Sober Event Monitors in place during their event. Sober Event Monitors are trained to help students make sound choices when faced with difficult decisions about alcohol use. When you register an event that will serve alcohol, you must identify a Sober Event Monitor.

Each Sober Event Monitor must be over 21 and complete the Sober Event Monitor Acceptance form prior to each event where the student will be serving as a Sober Event Monitor.