Before heading out to that next event, remember to make a plan with your friends that include going out, staying, and coming home together. If you notice a high-risk situation or something that gets your gut, consider the "3 Ds" and intervene.
- Stick with friends – stay together and leave together.
- Make sure to charge your phone before going out.
- Pack a backpack, bag or fanny pack with festival essentials: Water, snacks, hand sanitizer, your ID, and health insurance card, tissue.
- Make a plan for transportation to/from the festivals – bring cash for a cab.
- If you choose to drink:
- Avoid trying to "Keep Up" or "Catch Up" with your friends.
- Stick to your own limits.
- Know the source of your drinks.
- Pace yourself to one standard drink per hour
- Alternate alcoholic with non-alcoholic drinks to help you stay hydrated.
- Practice bystander intervention (One Wave)