All students who have been admitted to Tulane University are required to provide proof of immunization compliance (meeting CDC and American College Health Association guidelines) prior to arriving at Tulane. The state of Louisiana and Tulane University require students to have proof of immunity for certain diseases including:
- Measles (Rubeola), Mumps, Rubella (German Measles);
- Meningococcal for those under 22 years of age.
If your immunizations are not in compliance, your account will be flagged and you will be blocked from future action to register, drop or add classes.
How to Submit ▾
NOTE: You must have received your Tulane Login Information (email address) and Student ID prior to completing and submitting the Immunization Compliance Form.
- Complete the top section with your Name, Date of Birth, Tulane Splash ID #, Semester of Enrollment, Country of Birth, Tulane Email, and Phone Number.
- Have your health provider complete the rest of the immunization form. Make sure the health provider completes and signs the form and provides copies of applicable lab reports.
Enter and Upload Information Online
- Log into the Tulane Campus Health Patient Portal using your Tulane email address (without the @tulane.edu) and your email password. (Note: It takes approximately 24-48 hours for the Tulane system to link with the Patient Portal system. So, if your information is not found, wait about one more day.)
- Click "Immunization" in the top menu.
- Click "Enter Dates."
- Fill in all the dates and information copied directly from your Immunization Compliance Form.
- When finished, click "Submit."
- Create an electronic copy of your completed immunization form (and any supporting documents) by scanning it in black and white or at a setting of 150 DPI to achieve a file smaller than 4 MB. Upload the electronic copy using the "Upload Documents" link.
- After your form is uploaded, it may take up to five business days for the form to be reviewed and verified. Check your Tulane email regularly for notification of secure messages from The Health Center.
- You will receive a secure message via the Patient Portal notifying you whether your records are either (a) in compliance which allows you to register for classes or (b) out of compliance which means you cannot register for classes until you upload the additional records specified via secure message.
- All communication regarding your immunization records is private and visible only via the Patient Portal. You will receive a secure message alert in your Tulane email directing you to the Patient Portal. You should submit health information only via the Patient Portal and never by email.
Undergraduate & Graduate Students
Medical, Public Health & Social Work Students
Louisiana Law and Medical Recommendations
Louisiana law (R.S. 17:170 - Schools of Higher Learning) requires proof of dates of immunization against measles, mumps, rubella, and tetanus-diphtheria for all first-time students born on or after January 1, 1957, and for reentering students (born on or after January 1, 1957) who have been out of school for one semester or longer. The following guidelines are presented for the purpose of meeting the established recommendations for control of vaccine-preventable diseases, as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices to the United States Public Health Service (ACIP), and the American College Health Association (ACHA). In addition, current Louisiana legislation now mandates meningitis vaccination for persons being admitted to a postsecondary education institution for the Fall 2006 semester and thereafter.