Campus Health staff is dedicated to encouraging and maintaining the health of all students. For School of Medicine students, we have a downtown location in Elk Place for easier access if you are primarily based on the Downtown Campus. However, you may use the services at any location of your choice. All active medical students pay the University's mandatory, annual, Campus Health Fee which grants unlimited access to Campus Health services.
Health Insurance Requirement
Degree-seeking Tulane University students are required to either have their health insurance verified using our online system or purchase the Tulane-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan (T-SHIP). To use your own private plan, it must provide comparable coverage to T-SHIP and offer full access to providers in the New Orleans area including mental health services on a non-urgent as well as urgent basis. Check your existing plan to ensure providers are available in our area before starting the verification process.
- Process & Deadlines: Health insurance verification for T-SHIP waiver or enrollment in T-SHIP
- T-SHIP Policy & Term Dates: *An early enrollment option to assure coverage from August 1 is available for those who may need it; please contact our Insurance Team for special requests.
- Health Insurance Requirements: If you do not take action to verify your insurance for a T-SHIP waiver or enroll in or waive T-SHIP prior to the deadline, you will be automatically enrolled into T-SHIP and responsible for the full premium amount.
School of Medicine students have a specific set of immunization requirements due to the nature of their studies and laboratory work. Louisiana Law requires proof of up-to-date immunizations for all entering university students. For the current requirements, please refer to the AAMC Standardized Immunization Form beginning on page 2 of the document linked below.
Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Emergency
If you have been exposed to blood or bodily fluids, such as a needle stick or splash exposure, please follow these BBPE instructions immediately.
Visits to the Health Center
The Health Center is an appointment-based clinic offering primary care and preventive health care services. You can make an appointment online through the Patient Portal or by phone.
All visits to the Health Center require the collection of co-pays, co-insurances, or deductibles for services. For each visit to the Health Center, please bring your:
- Tulane Splash Card
- insurance card
- driver's license or state ID
- form of payment/credit card