Tulane students are strongly encouraged to receive a flu vaccine and submit documentation each flu season. Campus Health offers no cost flu shots on campus each fall via our annual flu clinics. Also, many pharmacies (Walgreens and CVS) and retail outlets (Target, Walmart) offer vaccines at low or no charge to you.
For students incoming in the summer or fall semesters, we would like to know if you received the flu shot during the previous flu season. If so, please upload proof of your vaccine to the Patient Portal. Please do this before arriving on campus.
Both new and returning students are strongly encouraged to receive a flu shot during the upcoming flu season, which generally begins in October. Campus Health will announce dates for our annual flu clinic campaign when the latest vaccine becomes available.
How to submit your flu vaccine records
- Log into the Patient Portal using your Tulane email address and your email password.
- Click the Immunization link in the top menu. It may take a moment for your immunization history to load.
- Find the blue drop down menu labeled Influenza and expand the drop-down. Select Influenza Vaccine from the new drop-down bar.
- Enter the date of your latest flu vaccine then click Submit.
- Go back to the top of the page and click the Upload link in the top menu.
- You will see a drop-down menu labeled Choose document you are uploading. Select Proof of Influenza Vaccine in the drop-down menu.
- Use the Select File button to locate the appropriate file on your computer and then upload it.
Students who are opting out of the flu vaccine for medical, religious or personal reasons can submit a waiver form via the Patient Portal. To access this form, log on to the Patient Portal, click on the Forms tab and scroll down to the Immunization Enrollment Forms section. Fill out and submit the form labeled Influenza Vaccine Waiver.