During business hours
If a sexual assault emergency occurs during or shortly before our regular business hours, you may visit one of our two locations to seek care:
Uptown campus - Building 92 (on the corner of Newcomb Place and Willow Street).
Downtown campus - 137 Elk Pl., Room 261
The Health Centers offer emergency same-day appointments. To schedule, call 504-865-5255 and let the patient representative know you need to be evaluated for sexual assault.
Our staff will perform the following services:
- Offer information about legal and medical options
- Obtain a medical history
- Evaluate for injury and illnesses
- Provide STI screening and treatment
- Provide pregnancy screening and emergency contraception information and prescription (if applicable)
- Give referrals for follow-up care including counseling and medical treatment
There is no out-of-pocket cost for an appointment or lab tests for emergency evaluations. Prescriptions are covered by insurance or accounts receivable/self pay.
If a sexual assault emergency occurs during a weekend, please do not wait until Monday to seek care. We recommend you visit University Medical Center New Orleans or Tulane Lakeside Hospital and ask for a forensic consult.
University Medical Center New Orleans
2000 Canal St.
New Orleans, LA 70112
Forensic Program information
Tulane Lakeside Hospital
4700 South 1-10 Service Rd W
Metairie, LA 70001
Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program information