Nutrition plays an important role in nourishing and fueling the body and the mind. The Registered Dietitian at The Health Center Uptown provides one-on-one nutrition counseling and medical nutrition therapy to Tulane students to address numerous nutrition related issues, including but not limited to:
- General nutrition assessment and feedback
- Medical diagnosis with nutrition implications including diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, celiac disease, IBS/IBD, Crohn’s and Colitis
- Eating concerns and disorders
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Digestive issues
- Meal planning for vegetarian/vegan diets or other diet modifications
- Recent appetite changes
- Vitamin & mineral deficiency related to diet
- Building a healthy relationship with food and self.
Initial consultations are 45-60 minutes and follow-up appointments last 30-60 minutes. During the appointment the dietitian and the student will work together to determine achievable health goals for the student to implement into their lifestyle.
If you would like to make an appointment, please call our Uptown Health Center or you can schedule your appointment online via the Patient Portal.
All nutrition appointments are currently conducted via telehealth, unless otherwise specified.
Presentations & Workshops
Use our online form to request a presentation. This is for the Tulane community and only verified Tulane email addresses will be answered.
Eating Concerns Team
The Eating Concerns Team (ECT) is a multidisciplinary group within Tulane Campus Health that provides consultation, assessment, and treatment recommendations to students who are struggling with eating and body image concerns. The ECT is committed to empowering students to make healthy, long-lasting changes while working towards recovery. We also serve as a collaborative resource to provide campus-wide outreach, education, and advocacy. The ECT is committed to creating an inclusive and affirming environment for all bodies.