Gynecological care is provided at the Health Center by experienced health care providers who are considerate of the sensitive nature of the visits.
Some patients with more complex gynecological concerns may be referred to an OB/GYN specialist in the New Orleans community. Prenatal care is provided off campus and covered by the Tulane-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan.
To make an appointment call 504-865-5255 or schedule via the Patient Portal.
- Breast exam
- Gynecological exam
- Pap smear
- Management and treatment of abnormal pap smears
- Other health maintenance testing as needed
- Testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) including HIV
- HPV vaccine
- Evaluation of menstrual and other gynecologic concerns or disorders such as:
- Urinary tract infections
- Pelvic pain
- Sexual concerns
- Contraceptive (birth control) counseling/management
- IUD insertion/removal, Nexplanon insertion/removal (Available by appointment at the Uptown location only)
- Contraceptive injections (i.e. Depo-Provera)
- Pregnancy testing
- Pregnancy options counseling
- Emergency contraception prescriptions (if needed)