CAPS is committed to providing a safe, inclusive and affirming community of care for all students. Our interdisciplinary team fosters personal, emotional and academic well-being by offering comprehensive therapeutic services, outreach and prevention programs, and consultative relationships throughout Tulane.
CAPS COVID-19 OPERATIONS ALTERATIONS
CAPS will continue to provide the best care possible to our students during this challenging time. Safety is our priority, and our staff will do their best to follow the recommended social distancing guidelines by keeping 6 feet between them and their patients. For the foreseeable future, the following changes will occur:
- The Downtown CAPS location and Health Center will be closing to in-person appointments beginning Tuesday, March 17th, and the staff will be relocating to the Uptown CAPS location.
- Students currently in ongoing treatments prior to the COVID-19 changes will have the option to continue their sessions on the telephone. CAPS therapists will contact students who are in therapy about this possibility.
- CAPS therapists and psychiatrists will not be accepting new ongoing patients at this time.
- Emergency walk-in hours will be available at the Uptown CAPS location, Monday to Friday, 12:00 PM-4:00 PM.
- All groups and in-person workshops will be canceled for the remainder of the semester.
If you currently have a scheduled appointment that you do not plan to attend, please let CAPS know immediately.
If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, please call the CAPS front desk at (504) 314-2277.
For after-hours crisis support, The Line is available 24/7 to Tulane students. Call or text The Line, 24/7, at (504) 264-6074.
Visits to CAPS are scheduled by appointment at either the Uptown and Downtown location. Review the Getting Started process or call to make an appointment.
Access to Care
Most degree-seeking students (those who have paid the University's Campus Health Fee) are eligible to access services from CAPS. All currently enrolled students may utilize an initial consultation, Care Coordination, and crisis support services. Learn more about the Campus Health access fee.
How to Reach Us
View maps, contact info, and office hours.
Meet our staff at CAPS.