"Get Yourself Tested" is a screening for STIs.
GYT screening is a quick and easy way for Tulane students to get screened for sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- Screenings are for those who have no symptoms and no recent exposure to an STI.
- You can access ONE free GYT screening per year. (No-show or late arrivals will be charged a $20 fee. A no-show will count toward the one free annual visit.)
- GYT visits are confidential and are not recorded for insurance claims.
- Provided by professional nurses at the Health Center Uptown.
Appointment Availability - 2018-2019
GYT screenings are offered on Wednesday afternoons: (excluding university holidays)
- September 12 - December 12, 2018
- January 16 - April 29, 2019 (excluding March 6)
GYT Screening vs. STI Testing
When to Choose GYT Screening
- If you show no symptoms of STIs
- If you have had no recent exposure to an STI
- If you would like a confidential screening only for:
To schedule an appointment, use the Patient Portal or call 504-865-5255 (preventive health option). Please allow 30 minutes for your GYT visit.
When to Choose STI Testing and/or a Medical Evaluation
- If you have symptoms such as rash, sores, bumps, itching, burning, pain, odor, discharge, and/or bleeding in your genital region
- If for any reason you are worried you have been exposed to an STI
- If you would like to be tested for additional STIs
- If you had a recent experience of sexual assault/sexual violence**
In either of these cases, please schedule an appointment with a provider for a medical evaluation by calling 504-865-5255, preventive health. (Learn about STI Testing at the Health Center.)
|**If you have experienced sexual assault/sexual violence, Get Help Now.
How do I get my screening results?
You will be notified of your results within one to seven days, depending on the test. We generally relay NEGATIVE RESULTS via secure message through your patient portal and POSITIVE RESULTS with a secure message and personal phone call. If you have questions about the timing, ask the nurse or provider during your visit.
The Health Center Uptown - Appointments can be made online in the Patient Portal or by calling 504-865-5255.
Low-Cost STI Screenings in the Community
Planned Parenthood – 504-897-9200
NO/AIDS Task Force – 504-821-2601